SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donielle723

TrueMoon,Full moon,Hello Possums!

Donielle723
19 years ago

My darling possums!It's been to long!All is well here in N.H.A tad nippy,Though!Although I've scaled down quite a bit ,It won't be long before you enablers,have your way with me!The balcony holds my favorite fall grass(purple fountain)ornamental cabbage(loaded with plump cabbage worms,I can't kill them,I love to eat cabbage, too!)Mums were lovely ,but now ready for the heap.And one rosemary,they say light frost toughens them.I'll be bringing in soon.Glad to see Jen is up and at em'.So happy to be back!-D

Comments (13)

• PVick
    19 years ago

Hey, Donielle! It is GREAT to see you back!

You've missed quite a lot - but it will be fun bringing you up to date.

Oh, yes, Welcome back!

PV

• henryr10
    19 years ago

POSSUM'S?
    We got your possum's.......
    D it is GREAT to hear from you!!!
    Glad the garden is still loverly.
    Our's has been sorely lonely since you went missing!
    Take a look!

Email me immediately!!
    Ric

• OUTofSPITE
    19 years ago

Welcome back!
    Glad your garden is doing fine.
    You are responsible for my being here.
    ;o)

• posiegirl
    19 years ago

Welcome back, TMG! Some of our handles may be different, but we're the same old crowd!

• Abbott
    19 years ago

Hey, Moonie -

So glad to hear from you! I worried and worried when you vanished. I haven't been posting for months now - too busy sweating politics - but I had to welcome you back. Come join us.

Sue

• Donielle723
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Such a warm welcome to an old weary friend.I saw a posting from dear Nova.Where is our 'dillo????So glad all of you are here.Planting your hearts out,with such good faith!Bless you all my darlings!OUTofSPITE I'm flattered!Me responsible for you getting tangled in our Garden web?It is true there is no better way to go,than sharing and caring about each other, and the "plantfolk", that although silent to our ears, enrich our other senses so completely.And,YES,the neighbor who wears shorts in December still lives in my Building.However I've learned to accept his eccentricity.I'm knitting him a sock as we speak,get it ,a sock????????????-D

• henryr10
    19 years ago

LOL!
    Knit away dear it's starting to get cold HERE too. R

• Randy Ritchie
    19 years ago

Welcome Donielle! It's been way too long since our paths have crossed here. You've been missed, and your anecdotes as well. Kinda like the Wizard of Oz - People come and go so quickly here!

girlsaylor

• nygardener
    19 years ago

Howdy, Moonie! Good to see ya. Startin' to get a little cold, huh?

• jenny_in_se_pa
    19 years ago

And I answered you in the other thread and didn't put 2 + 2 together!! LOL!!!

(must be that little frost we had that shocked me, although the few green plants out there sortof yawned - it didn't kill 'em)

WELCOME BACK!!! We missed YOU!!! :-D

• Donielle723
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Definite Frost here.Everything is cleaned up outside.Found a wonderful ivy topiary and a rosemary that has been pruned to resemble a conifer.I've repotted it and the roots were brown and sodden,very pot bound.I've increased the drainage significantly.I haven't had much luck overwintering rosemary inside, any tips?It is good to be back,I've missed all of you so very much.-D

• jenny_in_se_pa
    19 years ago

Gosh - my sister always loved Rosemary and would buy one every year and it would eventually die every year. It seems to me to be one of those plants like asparaghus fern or Boston fern - either you can grow them and they're lush and full with no problem or you can't, and they die a crispy death in no time. LOL

They seem to be a plant that likes it dry at its feet but I expect still needs humidity around the leaves. Maybe sit it in a pebble tray with water in a location where it's warm and mist when you can? I'm wondering too if it is something that also does better in a clay pot than plastic.

• Donielle723
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks Jen,I've found the prostrate type to be easier to grow .You do tread a fine line on the watering.Too much and they crisp, too little and they crisp.The upright I just bought looks horrid ,the other is a prostrate I rescued from a produce dept .It was hydroponically grown and destined for someones kitchen .I potted it up and put it on the deck where the rascal has spent the season.Just recently coming in.They do like it humid and cool for the winter.They hate dry heat indoors.-D

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting