Summer blossom

tuppitooFebruary 24, 2014

The bees are having a great time in the lateSummer. we still have a few red plums a few green and the bees busy pollinating for next seasons crop'
chas

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
funnelweb

Well, it's about time you posted a post, Chas. Just joking, of course. By the way, do you grow raspberries where you are? I love 'em but they're 7 bucks a punnet here in the supermarket; even dearer than blueberries, which are currently 2 for 6 bucks. unfortunately it isn't cold enough in winter for many of the berries to set fruit in my climate; about the best I can do is grow dwarf mulberries - I've just planted a tree this season. Oh, and maybe strawberries but the bloody birds gobble up all of them and I can be bothered with mucking around with nets and stuff.
B

Bookmark   February 25, 2014 at 2:48AM
tuppitoo

H ello Bill,
This is the Harpephillum Caffra. Caffra plum or Kaffir plum and other names. So much joy every year with the bees and visiting and resident birds.Yesterday we had magpies Butcher birds and a Currawong warbling at the same time in the area- not that they live here but nearby-in populous Melbournne!! but no raspberries. I recently obtained
10 Kangaroo Paw seedlings and will have some fun experimenting withn them in my un-scientiific way-but I'll have to hurry-footy season is starting!!
chas

Bookmark   February 25, 2014 at 3:42PM
triciac

How nice to see all the old names still here, BIll, Chas, Misty, Alison, and many other old regulars showing those lovely photos. Hopefully I shall be popping in again, now I've gone back to ASDL, quicker and more space.thanks for your welcome Bill.

Bookmark   May 2, 2014 at 7:25AM
funnelweb

Good to have you triciac. Bloody cold here today, in Terranora, just west of Tweed Heads. Bet it's damn chilly in Geelong, ay!
B.

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 4:22AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Frangipane cuttings
I was wondering if anyone has some larger frangipane...
pepino
views Air Jordan 10 Chicago about
Quentin Townsend is looked upon as a popular person...
daserigunimi
Eucalyptus citriodora problems
Hello, I have grown a few eucalyptus citriodora which...
jeroencostes
Please help with identification of this tree
Can anyone tell me what the name of this tree is? Thanks...
perotti_adl123
Eremophila species
While not indigenous to where I live on the s.e. slopes...
Woko
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™