SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeperrone

New sectional/sofa, furniture layout for very large room

Jennifer Perrone
12 days ago

I need to replace the sectional. We moved a year ago, and I had to make due with what we had. The sectional fit much better in our other house. I need to maximize seating in this room for large family gatherings. We also use this room as our living/media room so seating needs to be comfortable. Current sectional has 4 reclining seats. I am leaning towards 2 sofas and 2 chairs rather than another sectional. If I place a sofa facing the fireplace and another facing the windows, it seems as though walking into the room it seem weird. Also, the only way to get to the seating area would be to walk between the 2 sofas or all the way around a sofa and into the seating area. Seems like the seating area would be closed off from the entry to the room. Also, would it be weird to walk into the room and see the back of the sofa. We could have 2 seating areas, however, I think only one would actually get used. The second area would probably just be for asthetics. The room is very large, 23ft x 24 ft. The rug 15 ft x 12 ft. Room measurements are in the pictures.

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz