Phoenix, AZ, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
As the Concierge Representative, you’ll play an essential role in driving quality connections between homeowners who have submitted project inquiries with professionals on Houzz. You’ll act as a “front desk extension” for professionals’ businesses, vetting inbound leads and connecting homeowners with professionals in real-time, over the phone.
Our #1 priority for our return to work plan is to ensure the health and safety of our Houzzers. Due to worsening cases specifically in the areas and the cities in which we operate, all of our U.S. offices are planned to remain closed through the end of 2020. It is our plan to return to our in-office model once a safe return is feasible. This is NOT a permanent remote/at home position.
What You’ll Do
- Contact homeowners using multiple forms of outreach (including but not limited to: chat, SMS, email, and phone) after an inquiry has been submitted to verify project details.
- Thoroughly qualify lead by asking homeowner thoughtful, open-ended questions about their project needs, scope of work, and project timeline, and level of seriousness.
- Facilitate the connection between the homeowner and professional, over the phone, in real-time.
- Provide detailed notes in the Concierge Administrative Tool after every phone interaction to provide additional project details to professionals.
- Onboard professionals to the Concierge Program by asking a series of questions related to their qualifications/experience, project goals and work they are looking to take on.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the engineering team to discuss ideas to improve the Concierge experience as a whole and drive more successful connections.
- Foster the Houzz Pro Program value and advance a positive program experience.
- Provide superior customer service, contribute to a positive work environment, and embody the Houzz culture.
- Ad Hoc responsibilities as required.
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong active listening skills and attentiveness.
- Tech-Savvy ability - you are able to conduct phone calls and take detailed notes while working out of multiple internal systems simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills- you are able to work efficiently through a high volume of requests in a fast-paced environment
- Passion about going above and beyond to deliver excellent service to Houzz users and advertisers
- A team oriented mindset
- A positive, can-do attitude
Ideally, You'll Also Have
- Be detail and task oriented
- Prior customer support experience or hospitality experience a plus
- Be customer-oriented and able to adapt and respond to different types of personalities and situations
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy at Houzz program
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.