Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Houzz is seeking a passionate and analytical Senior Manager to join its SEO team and pursue world-class, white hat SEO on Houzz’s US site. As a member of the Consumer team, you will report to the Director of SEO and be responsible for all aspects of the US site SEO, including taking direct ownership of the professional directory SEO.
You will be responsible for driving US market results and contributing to overall SEO platform strategy, working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As part of the SEO leadership team, you will help set team goals and culture and spend much of your time neck deep in data and technical SEO.
Our #1 priority for our return to work plan is to ensure the health and safety of our Houzzers. Due to worsening cases specifically in the areas and the cities in which we operate, all of our U.S. offices are planned to remain closed through the end of 2020. It is our plan to return to our in-office model once a safe return is feasible. This is NOT a permanent remote/at home position.
What You’ll Do
- Take responsibility for the SEO results of the US site
- Take direct ownership of the US professional directory, including creating and executing SEO strategy
- Take managerial ownership of the US photos and marketplace
- Regularly identify ways to measurably improve SEO to the US site
- Work with engineers to implement SEO improvements; own all steps of your projects
- Monitor performance metrics to understand organic search performance in the US
- Coordinate and communicate with other internal teams and align roadmaps
- Contribute to overall Houzz platform SEO strategy
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- 5 – 10 years SEO experience either in-house or with an agency
- Expert level understanding of technical SEO with practical, applied knowledge
- Familiarity with standard SEO analytics (rank tracking, web analytics, backlink analysis, etc)
- Ability to build tests to measure the impact of SEO changes
- Experience working with engineers to implement technical SEO changes
- Experience with enterprise scale SEO
- Skilled communicator who can coordinate with stakeholders with competing agendas to promote and defend SEO internally
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
- Experience managing others
- Experience driving genuinely white-hat link building campaigns (not guest posting or placement agencies)
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.