Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for a seasoned Business Operations leader to join our Pro Solutions business. The Pro business serves our large base of home professionals with a range of software, advertising and services and is one of the highest-priority areas of investment for the company. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will play a critical role in our growth and monetization efforts and be responsible for driving the highest value strategic, analytical, and operational initiatives across the business. In this capacity, you will oversee critical cross-functional projects, serving as the connective tissue between Product, Marketing, Sales, CS, and Data Science.
What You’ll Do
- Lead large cross-functional strategic initiatives that move company metrics in partnership with Sales, CS, Product, Finance, Operations, and Marketing
- Establish a strong foundation for performance management: defining KPIs, monitoring performance against targets, and building operational models
- Drive evaluation of critical strategic opportunities, lead growth initiatives, and pursue special projects
- Conduct deep-dive analyses, extract insights, and provide recommendations to the leadership team that will help accelerate growth
- Over time, hire, develop and build a high-performing Business Operations team
What We’re Looking For
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a quantitative or technical field. MBA preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in management consulting, investment banking, venture capital, or private equity. The ideal candidate will also have 2+ years of experience at a tech company in a business operations, strategy, or similar role
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Strategic thinker with strong business judgement
- Excellent communicator, capable of simplifying and clearly conveying complex topics to a wide range of audiences, including executives
- Collaborative and able to build strong win-win relationships across the organization
- Proficiency in SQL and advanced Excel (for complex modeling), as well as PowerPoint skills to conduct quick and high quality analysis and presentations
- Ability to be highly productive with limited oversight and have responsibility for shaping and executing upon our strategy and operations
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity employer.