Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
We would love for you to own and redevelop our consumer lifecycle marketing strategy in order to drive some of our key KPIs - WAU, Revenue, and Homeowner Leads. You will ultimately increase LTV through owned channels such as email, push notifications, and in-app notifications to our global audience of 20M users. You will work with a small cross functional team composed of a data scientist, a creative designer and a copywriter. In addition, you will also work very closely with product, engineering, editorial, and PR counterparts. You should have proven success and experience leading others, driving decisions through data, building omni-channel personalized experiences, and increasing user LTV. Additionally, you will know how to work on B2C lifecycle management tools and understand how it works with a CDP.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about redefining an existing structure and building something up practically from scratch.
Our #1 priority for our return to work plan is to ensure the health and safety of our Houzzers. Due to worsening cases specifically in the areas and the cities in which we operate, all of our U.S. offices are planned to remain closed through the end of 2020. It is our plan to return to our in-office model once a safe return is feasible. This is NOT a permanent remote/at home position.
What You’ll Do
- Drive and define the consumer retention / lifecycle marketing strategy and drive up user LTV for Houzz
- Be very hands on with the process. It is a small and nimble team to start with
- Develop and test new campaigns
- Use data to monitor the performance of customization programs and identify areas for improvement
- Communicate the effectiveness of the program to multiple stakeholders across the consumer organization. We have a complex and cross functional consumer team and understanding how each of those parts affects the business is key
- Lead and work alongside your team as you develop email, push, and in-app marketing strategies with our product teams across consumer experience, ecommerce, and homeowner leads
- Work closely with engineers across data integration, machine learning, and program management to ensure effective information exchange between the CDP and the Lifecycle engine
- Be an authority on personalization and customization; utilizing a deep understanding of of our user’s mindset and behaviors
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- Data driven and very comfortable with numbers
- Extensive experience developing lifecycle programs; comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, in-app, push)
- Can speak to the various components of the user lifecycle and be able to address each stage effectively
- Strong experience working directly with a martech stack including an enterprise-grade B2C ESP (Iterable, Braze, Responsys, etc.), a CDP and other stack components
- Understands and can drive the development of creatives, tagging, reporting, and launching campaigns
- A few years having led and built out teams
- Cross-functional team experience and proven ability to work cross-functionally to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion
- Creative thinking and ability to test out-of-the-box solutions
- Scrappy ability to get stuff done, roll up your sleeves, and tackle something hands-on
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with analytics dashboards
- Light HTML experience required
Ideally, You'll Also Have
- Taken a Reforge class on Retention
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.