Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for a seasoned Business Operations leader, who will be the lead strategic partner for the Product teams (specifically Core Experience and Growth) and Online Marketing teams. These teams have an ambitious charter and are at the forefront of delivering Houzz’s core value proposition to our members and driving growth across the ecosystem, including both members and customers. The role involves partnering with Houzz’s leadership team within product, marketing, and engineering to drive Houzz’s product and monetization efforts.
Our #1 priority for our return to work plan is to ensure the health and safety of our Houzzers. Due to worsening cases specifically in the areas and the cities in which we operate, all of our U.S. offices are planned to remain closed through the end of 2020. It is our plan to return to our in-office model once a safe return is feasible. This is NOT a permanent remote/at home position.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the leadership on Core Experience, Growth and Marketing teams to help crack the most important strategic and operational problems facing the business.
- Drive analysis of strategic opportunities, put together business cases for new opportunities, lead growth initiatives and special projects.
- Build an understanding of Houzz data/systems and leverage technical tools (e.g., SQL) to independently query data and run ad hoc analyses to drive insights for the product and inform business strategy.
- Lead business driver analysis; define KPIs, monitor and evaluate performance against targets over time
- Hire, develop and build a high performing Business Operations team
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- Ability to develop and leverage frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions among various stakeholders, and identify the 80/20 opportunities to reach insightful, actionable answers without boiling the ocean with analyses overload
- Ability to leverage technical background and prior experience in use of data and systems (e.g., databases, data warehouse and query technologies) to help frame and conduct analyses required to deliver data driven decision-making
- Proficiency in SQL and advanced Excel (for complex modeling) and PowerPoint skills to conduct quick and high quality analysis and presentations
- Ability to be highly productive with limited oversight and have responsibility for shaping and executing upon our strategy and operations
- Multi-tasking prioritization expertise to balance numerous different priorities and demands efficiently
- A high-energy, team-first, positive attitude
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
- B.A./B.S. degree, with an M.B.A., or Master’s/Ph.D degree in a management or technical field
- 3+ years of management consulting, business operations or investment banking experience
- Focus on eCommerce, tech, and/or consumer internet
- Experience with databases/SQL and data warehouse or BI technology
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity employer.