San Diego, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for a visual (web) designer with client management skills that will support our 3rd-Party Professionals. This role works closely with our Sales & Design teams. We pride ourselves in delivering the most inspiring designs and best product possible while also providing the best service. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and wants to make a big impact.
What You’ll Do
- Create & design websites -- You will be creating gorgeous websites for home service professionals like interior designers, general contractors and others using an internal website tool builder. You will also be working with engineers to grow our website offering by sharing feedback from customers on product improvements.
- Client management -- We need you to listen and connect with our home service professionals, and understand what their brand stands for. Be curious of what makes them different, the message they want to communicate to their potential clients. All of this information will need to be translated and expressed through their website. Sometimes you have to deal with technical issues related to pointing/transferring domain/DNS. You should be able to communicate and resolve these issues with the customer who is not tech savvy to get their website live.
- Be an expert -- While we listen to our home service professionals’ design feedback, we are also able to discern the goals they are trying to accomplish and offer solutions that were more than what they had envisioned.
- Be a team player -- We don’t design in a bubble and everyone has a voice in our projects. In order to produce the best possible experience for our users all of our teams work together and provide feedback to each other. We collaborate with engineering, product and sales teams to build the best user experiences.
- Success -- We will measure the success of the website with how much the professionals love their website.
- Growth -- You will play an influential role in product roadmap by sharing your feedback on what else we can do to help our customers.
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- At minimum a web design internship or 1–2 years of experience at a design firm/studio or an in-house web design position strongly preferred
- Degree in Graphic Design & Media Arts - Web Design or equivalent work experience
- A portfolio demonstrating exceptional web design, aesthetic and typography skills, including websites that show your mastery of web design on both desktop and mobile web. Experience in brand and/or marketing design is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices around responsive design and the latest design trends in marketing websites.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including copywriting and editing knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects simultaneously to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent decision making and problem solving skills
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
- Consultative communication experience
- 3rd Party Customer/Client Service experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy at Houzz program
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.