Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for solving a variety of technical challenges and driving the development of software that will revolutionize the home improvement industry. If developing ads delivery related services and web applications, forecasting and inventory management systems, relevancy, and targeting systems excite you, then we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and evaluate technical tradeoffs
- Drive the design and development of projects
- Following the software development lifecycle
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- A good understanding of algorithms, network protocols and web services
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a senior developer
Ideally, You'll Also Have
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Passion for working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Independence, self-direction and experience owning complete products and features
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.