Santa Monica, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for a cross-platform product designer with a growth mindset -- someone who wants to have an immediate impact on a great product. We are creative, curious, customer focused and passionate about solving problems. We iterate fast, design with data and collaborate closely with multiple teams.
We are looking for a user-centric product designer to join our close-knit design team. Houzz has grown into a top ecommerce destination in a few short years, but we’re just getting started. We strive to provide an easy, inspirational shopping experience for our users by seamlessly merging innovative technology and top-notch design.
What You’ll Do
- Design scalable concepts -- We design for many platforms and content types. We drive design ideas from early business needs, through rough concepts, to final, pixel-perfect implementation
- Show attention to details on all levels -- Our work doesn't begin or end with pixels. We are constantly brainstorming new ideas and concepts while optimizing our current experiences
- Stay on brand, until you can’t -- We know how to work within a design system while recognizing opportunities to draw outside the lines and improve our design language
- Be a team player -- We don’t design in a bubble and everyone has a voice in our projects. In order to produce the best possible experience for our users all of our teams work together and provide feedback to each other. We collaborate with engineering, product and data analytics teams to build the best user experience
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- An outstanding portfolio -- Strong design thinking skills with focus on user-centered solutions
- Experience designing for consumer-facing products -- 2+ years preferred
- A deep understanding of the problem you're solving -- you create intuitive experiences while considering diverse business requirements and technical complexities
- Excellent communication skills -- You can effectively communicate your design rationale both verbally and visually
- An understanding of trends in product design -- including interaction patterns for web and mobile
- Intelligence and self-motivation -- No specific domain expertise in ecommerce is required (although it’s a plus); we’re looking for smart, motivated self-starters who can learn quickly
- A collaborative mentality -- desire to help and mentor other designers
- Adaptability and flexibility -- comfortable working in an ever-changing, fast-paced and cross time-zone environment
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.