SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nlmackay

HELP!!! Want to surprise my husband w/ a home office!

nlmackay
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
My husband just got a new job where he works from home 2 days/week. Our office has been our home "dumping ground" for years and I would love to surprise him with an at home executive office space. He is going to be away for a week the last week of January. Is this doable??? I'm having a hard time finding some inspiration on this site, or anywhere online. He would love a manly, executive style space with a floating double pedestal desk (and some touches of my style so it goes w/ our home!), but the space is kind of small - 14'x10'. Our style is transitional (most of our home is "greige") Any thoughts on what color to paint this room? I'm thinking espresso furniture? Maybe white faux built-ins (although remember I'm doing this myself) I really don't know and am at ground zero here! After searching online, I can say I love the overall feel of this space, but it has wood walls and I know he wants an executive desk. http://www.copycatchic.com/2009/03/williams-sonoma-home-office.html

With great embarrassment, I attach a few pics of the space! It's not easy to photograph this room because it's a bit tight.

edit - I should add that we live in MA if that helps w/ furniture store recs :)

Thanks!

Comments (89)