SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deann_roberson

Is this Kitchen a lost cause? Or full of quaint potential?

Deann Roberson
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
I am currently going through a divorce and have just moved into my new "by myself" home... Needless to say, I'm feeling extremely discouraged! I am on a tight financial budget and thus must be creative and crafty with the changes I make.. Bottom line though... I HATE THIS KITCHEN!!! Nothing about the layout makes sense to me.. But I must make the best of what I have.... SO TELL ME..... Is there any hope for this pitiful kitchen? I am at a loss as to where I even begin to make this a functioning yet visually pleasing space in my home. The oven is where it must stay (although I can slide it flush to the hot water heater that is located to the left of it (its the appliance looking object between the countertop and the wall)... I am not against small spaces, as long as they are utilized and enjoyable to be in. For now.... there is nothing enjoyable about it except for walking out.

What color palate should I try to stick with (Benjamin Moore Colors) to create a clean and airy yet sophisticated feel? I'm thinking along the lines of gray tones... But I honestly just don't know where to even begin.

ALSO: What is everyone's opinion on moving the refrigerator down to the other end of the wall (by the door way) and building a Corner Banquette in the corner with the Interior window..

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I'm pulling my hair out here.

Comments (30)