SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itza_gonzalez

Tiny 70's kitchen needs a temporary refresh

9 days ago

We are buying a house that needs major updates - built in 1979 - still has shag carpet, old wallpaper, vinyl flooring and original bathrooms - floors and paint will do wonders and of course I want to update the kitchen - but with major fixes like new roof, new flooring and new

AC and hot water heater that are priorities - the kitchen will have to wait-

The kitchen is small (10x13 but the doorways really cut into the footprint) - and I need to work with what I have for now and I am unable to remove walls to make it bigger by expanding into the adjacent dining room yet. The rounded counter against the wall has a dishwasher under it (go figure) and that wall has the living room on the other side - I could open that wall perhaps but I don't really want to open the kitchen up to the living room either - don't even get me started on the living room - my eyes can't unsee it and I don't even know what to do with THAT room

Sorry I rambled for a bit the house is in a great neighborhood and is on 2 beautifully landscaped acres - I know it can be wonderful eventually, but I need to mitigate the eyesore of a kitchen temporarily or I will go mad - any ideas for some quick updates ?

Comments (41)