SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
need2seegreen

newbie ?: re-pot this, or grow more water roots first?

hi,

so I am new to Sans. This one is going to be a gift for someone. It had been doing well (I thought), but while I was away, somehow it fell out of its pot. I don't know how long it was out, but it was probably a few days. I assume this means most of the roots died.

The plant itself looked okay though, still green, so I put it in water. It's been about a week. As you can see, there are a couple little white roots already.

Should I grow more water roots and then transition it back to its bark mix? (Next time, I guess I'll figure out a way to keep it stable.)

Or, should I just re-pot it in bark right now, and just make sure it has plenty of water? (I know with many plants, there is a transition period when you put water roots into soil - so, maybe it is the same thing if I just re-pot it now?)

And just in terms of the visuals - how important is it to get it standing up straight? The plant that it came from is very straight. Does that happen naturally with Sans? Is this one only curving because it is little? It was an offset, I think - it already had some roots when I separated it.

I like plants that don't quit!

Thanks in advance!!

Comment (1)