SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_224520412

Wood floor dilemma: Combining different wood flooring

24 days ago
last modified: 24 days ago

We are looking to tear out the carpeting on the entire second level of our home including the staircase to put in wood flooring. I am faced with two dilemmas. 1.) the downstairs flooring is a rustic warm red hickory hardwood put in 7 years ago. It is adjoined to gray tile at the entry way which then leads up to the carpeted stairway. 2.) Our master bathroom was recently redone with wood tile flooring (gray hues with some brown). At the time I planned on recarpeting the master but have now decided I want wood. Any suggestion on how to in corporate the upstairs wood tile with the master bedroom; colors/tones? I know it's best not to try and match it which I don't want to do. I was thinking of pulling out some colors of the gray wood tile to compliment it and since the wood downstairs is separated by tile I was hoping I could get away with it being different. For context when you walk in the front door you see the stairway on your right and the hickory flooring on your left with tile inbetween. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you!!!

Comments (13)