SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_85468306277

How to fill this awkward, empty bedroom space??

20 days ago
last modified: 20 days ago

Hi everyone,I haven't been on this site for years but I remember how helpful everyone was when we were planning out our living room at our old home.
We just recently renovated our office and laundry room into one master bedroom so that our 3 children could take the bedrooms upstairs.
The master measures 11x22.we have our sleeping area on one side and have no idea how to arrange the other side.
On the left we have a covered electrical panel, on the right we have our closet with sliding barn doors and at the far back we have our french patio doors (which we are ok not using, it was more so switching from a garage door without having to cover up the hole).
The total space available in that area is 7.75' wide by 8' long.I would love to create a little seating area but not sure how/where to start. Ideally a couch/chairs would look best on the left but not sure how I feel about my head near the electrical panel, so I was thinking of setting something up closer to the french doors, although it wouldn't be very symmetrical as the closet side cuts off a good foot on the right side.
Any suggestions?Thanks for any help :)
Pictures in comments as I don't know how to upload them to the post.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
NOVUS Building Services, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Loudoun County