SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_2530480013597

Help painting a 1990’s Honey Oak dream!

last month

Hi Guys! We just bought a new home and it’s filled with honey oak everywhere. I need some advice on what to do with the trim… because the honey oak is on overload at the moment :P. Some background on what I already plan to do with the space:

• Paint the walls Sherwin Williams Rivers Edge
  • Paint the far dining room wall (with the bay like window) an accent color of Grays Harbor (our living room rug has some dark blue/grays that I want to tie in between the rooms)
  • replace all the countertops with natural white, veined dekton countertops. (In pic)
  • replace the backsplash with a touch pearl backsplash as shown in pic.

What I need help with: What do I do with all the wood trim?? My initial thought is:

• paint it Sherwin Williams Pure White and leave just a few areas of trim as wood, to create character and some subtle sophistication and elegance. Areas I’m thinking of leaving the wood trim are: all dining room windows and the open doorway connecting the kitchen to the dining room.

What are your guys thoughts? This is the area I get doubtful around. I’m not sure how to execute those little details well so that the space looks elegant and tasteful. I want to highlight the natural potential of the home… but also tone down all the honey oak! Help!
Any and all advice is so appreciated!!

Comments (8)