SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_152236505

Need advice on kitchen counter and fireplace

last month

Hi there,

My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a home. I have to admit, I was never previously interested in home design/decor, but this will be our first house (moving from a condo) and suddenly I'm interested. :)

We really want to see if we can make the existing paint colors work. The walls are gray, doors & trim are white, upper kitchen cabinets are white, and lower kitchen cabinets are dark blue. The furniture we'll be moving over includes cream colored sofas and a dark brown dining table/chairs. We'll probably get some dark blue chairs to put near the fireplace and to complement the cabinets.

The problem, in my opinion, is the beige kitchen countertops. Replacing them entirely will be expensive, so I'm considering peel & stick, but that probably wouldn't look great. There is a local service that can resurface countertops, so that's likely a better option. What color would be good? White? Light gray?

Secondly, my wife wants to redo the fireplace to add a stone look, and have it go all the way up to the ceiling. We plan to use peel & stick. What color would be good? White? Light gray?

Appreciate the advice/ideas.

Comments (16)