SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_896059413

Design Advice Wanted - Kitchen Renovation

last month

I am in the process of planning a kitchen renovation and am looking for some advice on design/layout. I have been playing around in the Ikea kitchen designer and came up with the first two images below which have a very similar layout to our current kitchen, which I have also attached a couple of photos of.

Current pain points of our kitchen are the blind corner bottom cabinet to the right of the stove and our pantry which is 18” wide and 24” deep with shelving, making it incredibly hard to access items at the back. Of course, it’s a bit outdated too.

I have been toying with the idea of changing the layout and running cabinets all the way down the wall where the side window is located. My basement is unfinished so I can easily relocate the floor vent; however, the window is 19” from the floor so it would require brick work (and a new window), plus I am not sure we’d still have the room for a kitchen table.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed as this is my first renovation so would appreciate any advice/feedback or new ideas on how we can make the most of our space.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars281 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz