SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nlj45231

Furniture & decor to hide laptop charging and storage in living room

nlj 45231
last month

For those that charge and use your laptop in your living room/great room/family room; how do you store and charge it when it's not being used? Furniture is in the middle of the room and not along a wall. I haven't found any table or nightstand that allows the laptop to be easily reached for use mutliple times a day while being plugged in. In my last house I had a basket next to my couch which I padded; it worked well but wasn't attractive. I've been searching for a solution for several years, but I've never found anything. The back of the furniture will show; I have a 17 inch laptop, so it isn't small. I know it's not good to to keep the laptop plugged in, or to be on oncreen at bedtime, but this is my habit. I don't want to plug and unplug my laptop or store it across the room.

I've been looking for a side table that has a side opening and closed front where I can slide the laptop in; ideally there would be a hole under the side opening to allow the laptop to be plugged in and be able to slide the laptop in and out frequently during the day. We're building a house and buying new furniture; we'll have a plug in the floor to manage electric needs for chairs, lamps, etc, in the center, but I can't seem to find anythin like this. I'm almost at the point of asking my cabinet maker to see if this is something he can build for me.

Help; how do you hide your plugged in laptop within reach?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County