SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Our beloved "Senior Puppies"!

Faron79
last month
last modified: last month

A subject near & dear to my heart as our time goes by!!

Our beloved Samoyed, Callie, is now a little over 14.5 years old!! I hope we can still have her past her 15th Birthday, which is mid-Sept. It's the day before my B-day!

Like a lot of dogs, she started having rear-legs/hip issues last Fall. We've had her on a good Joint-supplement for many years too, starting when she was about 7 (people years) old. X-rays showed the typical disc-degeneration, etc. last September. Stairs were getting to be a problem, so we couldn't just let her zoom up & down the smooth wooden deck steps anymore to go potty.

So-

We decided to do the Doggie Chiropractic & Acupuncture, with the Vet's Laser treatment at the end of the electrical stimulation period. It really helped her a lot! After a month-6 weeks tho', it's obvious the benefits wear off.....and we knew this going in. She's also been on Canine Rimadyl 2x/day since Fall also.

LIBRELA-

(Monthly injection)

We decided to try this relatively new (in U.S. anyway) "Vaccine" 3 weeks ago. This coming Tuesday, it'll be 3 weeks. The Vet says it usually takes a month to start showing visible results....which is time for the 2nd shot. Another Vet friend of mine was describing how this stuff works, & it seems quite fascinating! I think we're starting to see slight improvement in Callie's movement & stair-climbing now!!!!!!

We realize that it's not gonna make her live longer. Although I would give damn near anything to have that happen!!!! It's the "Quality of Life" issue obviously.

Some recent pics of Callie during, & just minutes after the October '23 session!!!

Notice all the cables on the wall......

NOW see where those cables went!

And below, is Callie barely 10 minutes after her sedation reversal!

Faron

Comments (25)