SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jstephens72

Exterior Home Update

Julie Waids
last month
last modified: last month

Good morning! We are in the process of updating our 1970's home with new siding, squared columns, shutters, walk-up changed to pavers, roof (porch only will be standing seam) and front patio flooring. We are 99% sure we'll paint the home in SW Shoji White. I am very visual and hoping someone might be able to chime in and offer suggestions. I've attached the home as it is today and a few renderings (first photo with shutters, square columns, and updated paint; second photo without shutters; third with standing seam roof).

Original Home

Rendering: Shoji White with Shutters in Urbane Bronze

Rendering: Shoji White without Shutters

Rendering: Shoji White with Shutters and Standing Seam Roof (over porch only)

Shoji White Color

Urbane Bronze Color (darker option for shutters)

Amazing Gray Color (lighter option for shutters)

The remaining decisions are:

• Leave the shutters? Remove them altogether? Remove only the porch shutters?
  • If we choose Shoji White, what is a good color to consider for the shutters? We are leaning toward Urbane Bronze if we go darker, but we are also considering a softer tan color like Amazing Gray. Any advice on which would be a better option?
  • The front patio is currently red brick (which used to match the house). Is there a way to update this to a lighter color without removing the existing brick? Curious if you could slurry over it with concrete or something similar.
  • With the pavers, we will need to work around the tree in the front, so we are trying to decide on the best way to lay out the walk-up design.
  • Would you leave the garage color the same as the home or update to a darker color (ie. the color we ultimately use for the shutters).

If anyone has advice on the questions above, I welcome your input! Thank you in advance!

Comments (14)