SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kswl3

Perbelle Report

Kswl
last month
last modified: last month

I received my Perbelle CC cream today and have been anxious to try it but could not until Andrew was in bed. I washed my face thoroughly and used the Perbelle on it sparingly, with a little more in areas with sunspots, visible small vein, etc. I distributed a large pea size of cream in dots evenly dabbed on my face, the same way I put on tinted spf or foundation.

The cream is white, with the consistency of thick sunblock. At first it looked like traces of white (zinc oxide?) were left on my face so I worked on those areas, rubbing the product in well with my fingers. The white disappeared but my face definitely seemed lighter than before I used it. ( I applied it under indoor lighting and will do another experiment tomorrow in natural light.)

The lightness dissipated over about 15 minutes. The product is very good at evening out skin tone and blurring imperfections. It did a very good job on my under eye circles and tear tracks, and unless I wanted to use additional concealer really did not need it.

To see what it would look like with other makeup I applied just a bit of bronzer and blush after the CC cream was completely smooth and dry and had ”matched”— for lack of a better word— my skin tone. I didn’t bother with eyes but did use a tiny bit of the Perbelle lip stain, which I also ordered. A little of that goes a long way, and I used nude gloss over it to even it out. The CC cream makes a great base for other makeup and does not look too light or like anything other than my own skin. It does not look like I am wearing anything. I wore less of the other products as a result and the effect is amazingly natural.

On first use I really like both products. The cream is expensive, more than any of my tinted sunblocks (and a smaller amount as well). But if it actually subs for foundation in the daylight and I only have to use a very small amount it will probably last the same length of time. I don’t know that its effect is miraculous, but maybe the fact that I don’t have to worry about color matching my skin is miracle enough.

👍👍 on the KSWL-o-meter

Comments (21)

• Funkyart
    last month

Glad it is works for you, Kswl!

I think mine should arrive tomorrow -- I am very curious to see what it does with my darker mid-tone skin. I am a little dubious-- especially since I have such a good color match with the chanel (and it is very possible that the chanel is cheaper lol. I didn't work it out yet). Still, I want to give it a try. The chanel is light but I would like something even lighter for exercise and lazing at the pool!

Kswl thanked Funkyart
  • Fun2BHere
    last month

Following.

Kswl thanked Fun2BHere
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    last month

Hmmm....how does it feel on the skin? So many tinted moisturizers I've tried feel heavy and are annoying to me.

Kswl thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Kswl
    Original Author
    last month

Once it sinks in and dries it has a very smooth finish, not sticky or shiny.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    last month

OK, but I have tried others that annoy me through the day as it feels heavy on my face...not when I touch my face, but how my face feels to me...like there's something heavy on it. KWIM?

Kswl thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Kswl
    Original Author
    last month

Yes, I have tried others with sunblock that are heavy feeling. This product is not easy to apply bc it’s thick, and in fact quite a few people say they mix a bit of moisturizer with it to make the consistency thinner. I didn’t adulterate the product with anything but used small amounts at a time. As with any product it takes time to get used to the feel and figure out how best to apply it.

Adding.. I did not hear about this cream until about a month ago. I guess not being on FB or IG is the modern day equivalent to living under a rock bc this stuff has apparently been out for a few years.

• jb1586
    last month

Thanks for reporting back, Kswl. I am glad that you received it so quickly, as I had read reviews complaining of delayed shipping, etc. The higher price had me hesitating, but I do think that I will be ordering it. I do wonder, how it will behave with tanned skin. Normally, I am pale, but we are in Florida for a few months, and my face is getting some color.

Kswl thanked jb1586
  • Springroz
    last month

I wonder how it does on darker skin tones. All of the review videos were fairer skinned.

Kswl thanked Springroz
  • DLM2000-GW
    last month

Kswl did you apply and blend with you fingers? would it work with a foundation brush? I'm intrigued.

Kswl thanked DLM2000-GW
  • Fun2BHere
    last month

I ordered some. I’m willing to give it a try. Thanks for the review.

Kswl thanked Fun2BHere
  • terezosa / terriks
    last month

These foundations/CC creams that go on white and adjust to your skin color have been around for years. Almay has two formulations of their Smart Shade foundations - one is called "Ageless." L'Oreal also has their Skin Beautifier BB Cream. The difference between these products and Perbelle is that Almay and L'Oreal offer several shades, but they all go on white until you rub them in.

Kswl thanked terezosa / terriks
  • Kswl
    Original Author
    last month

Terriks, I looked up the Almay and L’Oreal foundations and they have some similar ingredients but both lack the most important one—- sunblock. I’ve been looking for the perfect product that is at least SPF 30 and is just as good a foundation as a sunscreen. It’s not easy to find!

• Funkyart
    last month

I think it makes your skin look fresh and healthy ... I don't know that I've seen you without or even closer up with makeup but it looks like a win to me!

I haven't checked mail yet ... but I suspect mine has arrived. I'll try it on Friday when I dont have to go anywhere or be on camera!

Kswl thanked Funkyart
  • terezosa / terriks
    last month

You are right @Kswl - the Almay and L'Oreal products need sunscreen!

Kswl thanked terezosa / terriks
  • jb1586
    last month

I tried the Almay version several years ago. While it did change from white to skintone once applied, it wasn’t my skintone! Kind of a bandaid/fleshtone color, not right at all.

Kswl, you look great!

Kswl thanked jb1586
  • Kswl
    Original Author
    last month

You’re kind, JB, but the one thing no makeup can really hide are wrinkles. I didn’t have any until a couple of years ago when I turned 65 and they have been multiplying at an alarming rate. That’s another reason I’ve been looking for a product that will rub i to the skin and not simply pigment the surface of it.

• SEA SEA
    last month

Kswl,

You look great! Very natural and even skin tone to my eye.

You said you have some problems with skin "any skin problems I have— discoloration, redness, rough spots, etc.", but I'm not seeing that in your photo! Is it possible you don't really have those issues, or is the Perbelle covering those problems extremely well?

If it's the new to you product, I'd say it's a winner there. My concern with what I've seen on the videos from when Perbelle used to flood my computer with ads, and what you said above, is that it takes considerable effort to work in. I hate to see ladies have to work their skin overly hard to get a product to work in. Skin is so delicate as it is.

Kswl thanked SEA SEA
  • rubyclaire
    last month

You look great! Like others, when I've seen the ads for Perbelle I have been struck by how difficult it looks to work into the skin. Seems like this would be problematic over time. But I have no expertise in this area. The few times I have had makeup professionally applied, the makeup artists used such a light touch I could barely tell what they were doing. I will be very interested how you and others like the product over time.

Kswl thanked rubyclaire
  • Bestyears
    last month

I'm just finishing up my first tube of Perbelle. I have fair skin naturally, but as I've aged, it's gotten a bit darker due to sun, etc. Over time, I grew very comfortable with the application of Perbelle -though I do remember struggling with it initially. The good: A little goes a long way and the match was terrific for me. The 'meh' -after using it for a few months, I don't honestly think it's much different than some good CC creams I have used (IT Cosmetics, for example). So I don't plan to replace it once it's gone.

Kswl thanked Bestyears
  • Kswl
    Original Author
    last month

That’s interesting, Bestyears, that you are not reordering. I am trying out a couple of Chanel foundations this weekend and am interested to see the difference between them and the Perbelle WRT skin tone matching.

SeaSea, my years of sunning on the beach have left me with darker age spots all over my forehead and jawline and with others in random areas. My pores are quite visible and I have red areas around the nostrils, a couple of small but visible veins around my mouth, very noticeable dark circles under my eyes and a patch of keratosis on my left temple. If they aren‘t visible in the photo it is all down to the Perbelle. I can see them faintly in the photo but I know where they live 🙄