SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalbestyears

Reporting back from Portugal!

Bestyears
last month
last modified: last month

What an absolutely perfect trip! We started in Porto, then traveled to Coimbra, then to Evora, then Lagos, and ended in Lisbon (with a side trip to Sintra). All totaled, we covered about 600 miles in 7 days. This was my first experience with a tour group. I was cautiously optimistic because I'm quite independent, and I wasn't sure I would love being part of a group, but I have to say, it was fantastic. This was billed as a "Solo Tour" (not to be confused with a singles tour, as one unfortunate gentleman discovered, LOL). So everyone on the tour was there on their own, and I think for that reason, eager to connect. (more experienced tour group travelers said they felt this was a much better experience than they'd had previously as a solo traveler). I met people I will no doubt stay in touch with, and hopefully travel with again. There were 24 of us (20 F/4 M), ages ranged from 32-74, and we had a fantastic tour guide. The hotels were topnotch, and we traveled from one location to the next in a luxurious coach bus. Activities included touring a cork factory (I had no idea there were cork trees), a cooking class, a boat ride, a Fado dinner, and more. Hotels were outstanding. 100% will do it again -just need to decide where to go next.

PS The Tour Company for those interested was EF GO Ahead Tours

Comments (41)