SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak6

@M Wynne @Amanda Styles @Megan about Pietra di Ostuni

debrak6
last month
last modified: last month

And anyone else who has lived with Pietra di Ostuni for a while...how do you find the cleaning, and any dirt buildup or staining issues? Bonus points if you live with dogs, messy kids, or have colorful soil where you live. :-) We're getting ready to build and the entire house will be tile; I want a stone/limestone look tile and this one has been on my radar screen for a long time. We live with multiple dogs and are building in an area where the soil is rich in iron and therefore colorful and can stain. I'm reading some disappointing things about cleaning unglazed porcelain, thus my question.

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last month
    last modified: last month

I do not like tile floors but IMO with all the issues you speak of why not go a bit darker for the tile just to be on the safe side. I have LVP with 3 huge dogs and a pool where the bathroom is accessed over those floors too. It is now 16 yrs old the dogs have free run ,to a huge dog run , through a doggie door so lots of muddy feet , snowy feet all mop up in a flash look like new still. I chose a dark color .jus becuase I never know what their feet might bring in. Can you not get a glazed tile but in a matte finish that should solve the issues.

debrak6 thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • debrak6
    Original Author
    last month

bump