SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
j_mathew34

Help! Design Suggestions - Exterior Siding Replacement in House/Patio

J Matthew
last month
last modified: last month

Hi, thank you for reading my post! I’m in the process of replacing the siding in my late 70’s house in Oklahoma City.

The neighborhood is unique with many different styles, my house has a Mid-Century Modern aesthetic (from the front/inside). We’d like to play this up where possible and I’m hoping for advice:

-What type of siding? We are leaning toward LP Smartside, but open to any ideas

-What colors of siding, I can potentially do multiple tones, which I would like to do…maybe something more wood colored and then something black?

-How should put the siding on? Board and Batten, vertical, lap, etc.

-We will also need to do some replacement of the reddish/orange cedar panels toward the top of the walls---if I should make any changes here, i would love to hear any thoughts

-Is there anything else I should consider from a design perspective while replacing the siding---e.g, add lights or other styling cues?

-In the patio area, I’d also like to remove the stone look siding and replace it with siding…similar to the above any recommendations on color/style/design/etc.?

-The roof is kind of a brown color. If i were to ever change it, what other colors/styles would you suggest?

-If you have any other suggestions for the back area, I would love to see/hear them.

-I’m very visual so if you by chance have any pictures of things or designs you would suggest I would love to see them!

Thank you in advance! I really appreciate any suggestions you might have!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!