SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorrie526

What's the best white cabinet color with Cafe Matte White appliances?

lorrie526
last month

I'm giving my galley kitchen a big facelift (new everything!). I'd like to go with an overall white kitchen to brighten up the dark galley - along with some wood accents and am planning on Neolith's porcelain Himalayan Crystal backsplash and counters. The flooring is french oak wide plank and I'm also considering a white apron sink to perhaps add one more bright white element for balance with the appliances. I'm tired of stainless steel appliances and thought the Cafe white matte appliances (fridge, double oven with induction stove, and dishwasher) with brushed bronze handles would create a more seamless flow to the small-ish kitchen. The quandary is that these appliances are really cold white - similar to Sherwin Williams "Rock Candy". I'd love to hear opinions on which color of white cabinetry to go with - do I go with a warm tone and let the cabinets contrast with the cool white appliances, or do I try to go with a brighter cooler white that has less contrast? I've attached my inspo photos, including the counter material. Thanks, in advance, for any input!

This is the Neolith porcelain backsplash/counter I'm planning on

This is an example of a warmer tone of cabinetry I found online

This is the double oven with what appears to be a cooler brighter white cabinetry, but still not "a match"

Another example of cabinetry that's a bit warmer than the appliances, but maybe okay with some wood elements mixed in?

I'm planning on this style of hood and, along with white cabinets, a medium wood tone like this for a tall cabinet on one end of the galley.

Comments (4)