SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jb1586

Perbelle, anyone?

jb1586
2 months ago

The Laura Geller thread, reminded me about the Perbelle tinted moisurizer, that I have also been seeing all over social media. it is tempting to pull the trigger on that one, and the videos from customers are helpful, but some are more convincing than others. Has anyone here ever tried this? I trust your opinions more than random women sending in home videos!

Comments (20)

• eld6161
    2 months ago

I have too. Now that the Geller is a no go, let’s see about Perbelle!

jb1586 thanked eld6161
  • pricklypearcactus
    2 months ago

I don't regularly wear tinted moisturizer, but I did get some Laura Mercier for an event when a lovely woman did a makeup trial on me. I'm not sure if that's the right word, but she tried out some products to find a look I liked and showed me how to accomplish that myself along the way. I've been very impressed with the quality of the Laura Mercier products.

jb1586 thanked pricklypearcactus
  • jb1586
    Original Author
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Perhaps tinted moisturizer is the wrong description, because it is white, but changes color to the person’s skintone when applied. Not sure what the correct terminology is for that!

Edited to add: The ad calls it a CC cream.

• lascatx
    2 months ago

Interesting. Have not hear dof it and am definitely open to something new. I have a reactive lip stain and like it, but I was leary. I tried it because my now DIL was wearing it and I asked her about it, but I think I'd be even more leary of a skin tone product. It's so hard to find something tinted that works well.

jb1586 thanked lascatx
  • Kswl
    2 months ago
    • I just caved and bought the smallest size. Right now my loyalty is equally divided between Dr. Dennis Gross, Moseley and Revision tinted SPF. What could it hurt to buy another ridiculously overpriced tube of miracle cream?
    jb1586 thanked Kswl
  • Sueb20
    2 months ago

This is my go-to, although this is a newish formula and when it first came out I read reviews where people were complaining that the new one wasn’t the same. So I quickly hoarded several of the OG, and I still have 1 or 2 left.

https://www.drjart.com/product/36654/106709/bb-creams/premium-bb-tinted-moisturizer-with-niacinamide-and-spf-40

I have been wanting to try Jones Beauty WTF foundation because I have liked some of her other products, so I just ordered it to try. I have not found the one product that works for my skin that provides a bit more coverage without accentuating every line.

jb1586 thanked Sueb20
  • Kswl
    2 months ago

I tried the Jones Road foundation and it is really sticky. I did not like it at all.

jb1586 thanked Kswl
  • SEA SEA
    2 months ago

I have not tried Perebelle but it used to be all over my computer screen. Not anymore though. Laura Geller is now all over my screen with ads. Why is Geller out now?

In case it helps, Drmtgly universal tinted sunscreen is pretty good. I use that a lot and don't wear make up with it--most of the time. It is a light coverage that seems to match well to most people. What I don't like about it is the 'glow'. I seem to be the odd person out who doesn't care for shiny, but it's good and doesn't settle into creases, yet. I have good skin, but am getting up there and most anything else finds, then accentuates lines and pores for me.

Good luck! Let us know if you try Perebelle. I forgot about that one until you mentioned it!

jb1586 thanked SEA SEA
  • Funkyart
    2 months ago

I just literally saw Carnie Wilson promoting Perbelle on instagram 3 min before I came out to the computer. It definitely caught my attention and seems to be much more than a tinted moisturizer.

Would love to hear from someone who's tried it!

jb1586 thanked Funkyart
  • Funkyart
    2 months ago

I watched a couple/lot of videos this morning-- was looking for someone with some of my issues and my coloring.

I have very pigmented, warm toned skin year round. I have a lot of discoloring ... in the lower center for my forehead, under my nostrils and between my nose and my lip and on the bridge of my nose (my dad had similar toned skin and similar discoloring). I also have dark circles and the occasional blemish. The photo below is with light makeup .. so all is much worse on clean, untouched skin.

(pardon my unkempt appearance-- it was a long day of travel-- but this photo best shows my flaws/issue areas)

I think I am going to give perbelle a try! I currently use a foundation I love and it does tone down the red in my skin but it doesn't do much to tone down the yellow and warmth in my tone.

Not sure how it will do with wrinkles-- I didn't really think any of the videos did much to reduce wrinkles but i do have a lot of wrinkles around my lips and under my eyes I'd like to minimize.

Anyone else giving it a try?

jb1586 thanked Funkyart
  • Funkyart
    2 months ago

I am not brave enough to show a photo without makeup! You gotta trust me!

I really want to like the Laura Mercier .. but I have yet to get a good color match even with it just "tinting".

jb1586 thanked Funkyart
  • Sueb20
    2 months ago

Which Chanel do you all like for foundation? I need a ”special occasion” foundation.

jb1586 thanked Sueb20
  • Funkyart
    2 months ago

I like Chanel ultra le teinte velvet blurring and smoothing foundation .. it is matte and not at all dewy. I am told most people wear B30 .. my hairdresser, sister and niece wear B40 and I wear B50 (in winter I blend 40 and 50) if that helps.

Mtn wears one of the others, I believe.

jb1586 thanked Funkyart
  • Sueb20
    2 months ago

Thanksnow, Funky. Le Rouge Duo is my fave all-time lipstick and I needed to order more, so I added the foundation to my cart (also ordered another foundation a couple days ago so let’s see if either one works!).

jb1586 thanked Sueb20
  • Feathers11
    2 months ago

...this photo best shows my flaws/issue areas)

Where? The only "flaws" I see are those purple arrows. You have lovely skin, Funky!

jb1586 thanked Feathers11
  • Arapaho-Rd
    2 months ago

Googled a little and this appeared from Vogue Magazine Feb 5, 2024. None of which I've tried.

Funky, you see things that we don't !!

These Are Makeup Artists’ & Vogue Editors’ Favorite Foundations for Wrinkles & Aging Skin

jb1586 thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • Kswl
    2 months ago

I want to try the new-ish Chanel Les Beiges Water Fresh Complexion Touch but no one closer than an hour away carries it and I don’t want to make a mistake ordering the wrong color. It would be more for evening / special occasion wear though, which is why I am trying the Perbelle for daily use.

Funky, your skin looks as smooth as a baby’s. 👶

jb1586 thanked Kswl
  • Funkyart
    2 months ago

LOL.. you all are too sweet but I am telling you it is the Chanel foundation! It is first and foremost a good color match for my skin but mostly I think it is the blurring properties.

Sue, I really like the duo lip gloss too. I just wish they had a better color for me. I wear Merry Rose but despite a billion colors, they are all either too dark or lean too coral to be my perfect lip. I should just branch out and try a few more.

Kswl, there isnt anything closer than 2 hr for me anymore. :( There used to be one within 5 min of an old job-- that was dangerous! I'd pop over after a bad day for some retail therapy!

• jill302
    2 months ago

No Perbelle experience.

Like Funky, I am a big fan of the Chanel foundation. Due to the recommendations here I tried the Laura Mercier, it just did not do much for my skin at all. When the Chanel was unavailable I tried several other foundations (Mac, YSL...). My second favorite to the Chanel ended up being True Match by L'Oreal. This is an inexpensive drugstore brand that comes in many shades and works much better than most with my skin. It is light weight and blurs my sun spots. This foundation was recommended by a make-up loving friend.

The perfect foundation depends so much depends on your specific skin type, and skin condition. I am a former swimmer and sunworshiper so I am dealing with brown spots and some texture issues. My skin is normal dry combination.

jb1586 thanked jill302
Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022