Houzz Logo Print

what type of professional do I need?

3 months ago

I’m not sure who would be the best professional to contact to ask about groundwater and the water table. I have concerns about the possibility of our basement flooding. It never has but the amount of rain has only increased each year. Our home already has a French drain system and a sump pump. The area that we live it seems like we’re getting more and more rain as well as groundwater and pooling areas in our yard. Last storm the sump pump went on for days. Would an environmental engineer be the best person to consult? I’ve been told we have the best sump pump on the market along with a back up battery if the power is lost but I’m trying to be proactive.

Comments (6)