SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beadsnsew

Paint DNA help - same color different sheen for cabs? another color?

beadsnsew
3 months ago

Existing kitchen & entire condo already recently painted with Glidden Swiss Coffee (creamy white). It’s a good color for the space & the Saltillo tile, except for the semi-gloss sheen !!! :(

Inspo pic from Houzz (not this grand of course). Island charcoal gray (like the grout) perimeter cabs white, SS appliances & sink, satin nickel hardware & faucet.

There is a PPG cabinet paint I’d like to try – Break-Through. HD sells it, they will mix whatever brand/color I want. I will be following all proper prep and priming protocols. The dilemma is - what color? Do I use Glidden Swiss Coffee in Satin? I would have done satin anyway but preferably with flat sheen walls!!, alas, that ship has sailed. Or, another white that works with Swiss Coffee (SC)? I tried figuring out the chroma to find one .20 away from SC, but couldn’t accomplish that. Perhaps a kind soul who uses the paint color DNA would help me?

Below is the backsplash tile I’ve chosen, and a small sample of the quartz countertop. Both have a warm white base.

Lots of warm whites should work with the tile and counter, but which one? SW Alabaster looks beautiful with the tile and counter, but does it work with the wall color? I like SW Iron Ore for the island color, do you agree? Another suggestion?

Links:

Tile

Countertop

Glidden Swiss Coffee

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling