SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c_stewart28

Recent owner experiences wanted w/Lee Industries sofas...

6 months ago

Hi -
We are strongly considering a Lee Industries slip covered sectional. We have received some quotes, looked at fabric samples, have even conversed with Lee Industries directly. We are to the point where we are getting close to pulling the trigger, having selected an ivory chenille performance fabric that is 100% polyester - it is super soft and has a 65k double rubs rating. The only draw back it can't be laundered in our washing machine.
But today I came across a lengthy Houzz thread from +/- 3 yrs ago about some negative experiences with quality and delivery, this during and coming out of the pandemic and with new ownership. I'm not sure how much the pandemic played into these negative experiences and or if Lee Industries has stepped up to address these issues.
I read a recent online review by a blogger who was extremely happy with her LI slipcovered sofa, even after a couple of years.
They command a premium over the other big box online retailers low/mid grade products like at Pottery Barn etc so the general perception that I have gathered is that Lee Industries is of better quality. We are looking for a sofa that will last esp if we are paying $7k+.
Has anyone ordered a sofa from Lee's over the last year or so and if so how was/is your experience?
Thank you

Comment (1)