SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michellemazur

Countertop color/advice: Taj Mahal vs Ijen Blue

michellemazur
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

We are looking at a kitchen remodel, going with shaker style creamy white perimeter cabs, rustic amber island. Our house has lower vaulted tongue in groove pine ceiling, the trim throughout the house is a darker walnut coloring (likely pine originally). I'd say the overall house style is traditional transitional rustic (we are in Wyoming)? The flooring will be LV (dogs!!!) in a medium toned walnut (likely won't be completed at the time of the remodel due to cost as it will need to be floating so the entire house will need done at once).

The countertop I've been drawn to is Taj Mahal: neutral, light movement, classic. My husband is wanting something darker and with more character. I'm planning on doing a tile backsplash in the future (again, due to cost) that would have more "interest and color" as to me it is easier to change, like paint colors, with trends vs the counter tops.

I saw this Ijen Blue slab next to the Taj Mahal (leathered) they were showing me and I was really drawn to it, but I'm afraid it will lock us into "blue" and may be too busy. Thoughts?

Disclaimer, the cabinet samples are NOT ours, but looked like a close representation of what we will be getting when I was at the stone lot.

The two following pics are the Ijen Blue Quartzite

Below: Taj Mahal (leathered) on left, Ijen Blue on the right.

Below: Taj Mahal (leathered)

Comments (37)