SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janetlammens

I need more help from the Houzz elves to finish my dining room!

janetlammens
2 months ago

Hi folks, you were good enough to get me started on my dining room decor but something stopped the string on Houzz to get me through the rest of my planning. As a refresher, the room is 13.5'x12' and open to the living room and it's a passageway to the kitchen. There's just 2 of us here and in the rare event that we entertain, it's never more than six at the table. We have lots of space and storage elsewhere so no need for more in this room. We're at the home stretch of a five month reno - while we've been living here - and are SO decision weary.....can anybody out there relate?

Thanks to you, the charcoal color wall in my living room is being extended into the dining room which is all SW Alabaster white otherwise, a 54" round table w/black pedestal & maple top table with 6 black chairs are on their way, and I'll be putting a black metal sideboard with glass doors in as you suggested for serving.

Here's the last pic the Houzz design elves made for me, a floorplan, and an image of the purchased table and chairs. In our real life version, there's a bare lightbulb hanging in middle of the room and paint cans in the corner and I didn't think you needed any help in imagining that! haha

Oh, and the walls between the living room and dining room have been removed.

So, how do I finish this room? I clearly need a light above the table, a, lamp on the sideboard, and artwork but what kind? We like contemporary styling and my color palette is camel, terra cotta/orange, white, and black. I'm not crazy about drapery. I'd really like a mirror someplace in the room - maybe full length in the corner to the right of the kitchen door?

I promise to post before and after pictures!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions
Best of Houzz 2024: The results are in!