SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathy1duncan

Whole House Water Filter, Softener and Tankless Water Heater?

cathy1duncan
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

We need to reduce scale and other hard water effects of our house water. At the same time I thought we should include a water filter for chlorine and other contaminants. We have "medium" hard water and slightly elevated chlorine levels based an simple testing. Then I was thinking that at the same time we should change to a tankless so that we don't have a hot water issue for showering and tub filling. We also never clean/descale/empty our current tank.

What I'm taking away from different threads/discussions is that the salt/potassium based softner with a Fleck or Clark control valve is the only way to go and a carbon filter should handle the chlorine. No TAC or magnetic systems are recommended. Also, I don't need to go with those brands like Culligan, Puragain or Life Source to solve the water issues. With the big brands am I just paying for them to maintain them so I don't have to change filters or tank? I am concerned with water pressure.

Would also like to get hot water sooner to the bathroom and kitchen sinks and different ends of the house. Is a recirculating pump the only option if I don't want or have room for a device under every sink?

We have 4 bedroom, 2 bath house in southern California. We also have a Bodyglove water filter attached to our kitchen separate drinking water spout.

Is there anything else I should consider?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz
Best of Houzz 2024: The results are in!