SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacaytime

Is this just crazy to do?

vacaytime
3 months ago

This is the floorplan of the main level. Since day 1 the lack of a pantry and the laundry being part of the powder room has driven me crazy. For the most part, it is just me here during the week. I do live in a vacation area, so have friends and family visit on weekends and holidays. Max guests would be maybe 4 other adults, a few kids when family visits.

Right now there is a pass thru window from the kitchen to to great room. It rarely gets used since there is so little storage in the kitchen, that counter area is always cluttered.

I had the plumber here and he told me it would be pretty easy to move the laundry up to the linen closet upstairs that is between the 2 upstairs bedrooms. If I do that, that leaves the laundry available to use for something else. I can close off the doorway between the powder and laundry. I can reorient the powder room and make it less awkward. Then I would use the laundry as a pantry and prep area maybe? I could take the pass thru window from the current kitchen and make it into a doorway. The cabinetry in the great room is a dry coffee/wine bar so the new doorway would make it a direct shot from the dry bar to the sink. I would move most of the other counter appliances into the pantry. I would have to move the range down a bit, but will have enough room for a nice range with 15 inch cabinets on either side.

View of new doorway from great room side.

View from dining area side.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994
Best of Houzz 2024: The results are in!