SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_734483735

Coretec Ivory Coast or Ventura Chestnut - any recent experiences/photo

HU-734483735
3 months ago

Would love to see recent pictures of Coretec Ivory Coast and Ventura Chestnut flooring. We have a beach condo and are considering it for our kitchen and hallway remodeling. Some online photos make both floorings appear blotchy and/or yellowy, which makes me nervous! The areas in question don’t get much natural light, so that’s why we are looking at lighter color options. We will have white cabinets and stainless steel appliances. Any advice, pictures, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (13)

• eld6161
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

I played around with both.

Ivory Coast seems likes it has more variation.

I prefer beveled wide long planks.

• eld6161
    3 months ago

I'm not seeing yellow in either. They both appear greige to me.

HU-734483735 thanked eld6161
  • HU-734483735
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Thank you! Hayes Oak was actually the first sample I got, but the texture of the sample piece looked and felt odd to me. I have gone to a store, looked at their samples, brought some home, and ordered others from the Coretec website. but when I see photos of actual installation, they all look so different from the sample! And the bigger problem is that my beach condo is 3 hours from home and currently uninhabitable - contractor has already demolished the old kitchen. So I can’t see how the samples look in the condo’s light and next to the adjacent carpeted living room.

Is the bottom photo the Hayes Oak in your home? is the texture ”rough” - the sample i have is.

Is Ivory Coast Oak the one in the middle pic, and Ventura chestnut the one on ”top?”

Appreciate your help!

• eld6161
    3 months ago

Mine is the first picture. The texture is not smooth. But I don't see a problem with it.

• eld6161
    3 months ago

It looks like chestnut is more stripey.

Ivory does appear a a bit yellow.

You absolutely need to see samples in the home. But in the mean time test out as many samples as you can at your house.

The photos will give you an idea of the pattern, variation in pattern, knots, how often pattern is repeated.

But….as mentioned hard to get accuatre pictures probably due to shading.

• eld6161
    3 months ago

We recently did our NY basement in this LVP. It is PermSheild. Good for my purpose but not for a main living area.

I couldn't find a Coretec in a NY showroom that both my husband and I liked. We bumped into this and went with it. Adding to the fact that a lot was on backorder.

The finish is smooth, beveling like Coretec.

• eld6161
    3 months ago

Maybe look at other top brands?

I think since it is just a kitchen and hall, I don't think you can go too wrong.

• HU-734483735
    Original Author
    3 months ago

@eld6161, true, but I am also thinking that we might eventually decide to extend the flooring out to the living area, which the kitchen opens up to. For now, we’re keeping that area carpeted, since our condo is on the first floor, and the floor gets really cold during the winter (it’s in Ocean City, MD).

• eld6161
    3 months ago

I really like Calypso Oak but my husband thought it looked too country!

It's a popular choice and there are many discussions about it on Houzz.

These two have it in their homes. Look how different they photograph?

But…it is popular do there must be a reason.

• eld6161
    3 months ago

I would do it all. Down the road, your choice might be discontinued or the run might not match up.

I learned on another discussion that my Hayes Oak is now grayer. Mine is a greige.

You can get area rugs.

We did the flooring throughout, except the bathrooms.

• HU-734483735
    Original Author
    3 months ago

@eld6161, can you tell me if your Hayes Oak has real bevels that might trap sand (in our beach condo), or are the bevels just painted on - description says ”enhanced painted bevel” - ? We thought we’d settled on a flooring - Coretec Conch Ash - but our contractor said we didn’t want that, because sand would get trapped in the bevels. He said we needed a smooth flooring - no grooves. Thanks for any advice you can give me!

• eld6161
    3 months ago

It does have bevels. While I’m not right on the beach, Florida is dusty. But I don't find the floor gets direction trapped.