SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieism42

Thoughts on this linear chandelier over 80" table in 13'x16' DR?

Jules Dutch
6 months ago

So... I'm having a bit of shock after taking delivery of this fixture, since the box it arrived in was shockingly big and heavy. This afternoon I even messaged with Visual Comfort to confirm the hanging weight is 28lbs and 51" long. They confirmed the actual size and weight, but too late to save me -- the delivery size got me overthinking and now I'm wondering, is this just too big for our room!?

Talia Medium Linear Chandelier, 8-Light, Gild, 51"W (JN 5116G-CG CX05E) · More Info

I fell completely in love with it visually, but despite truly loving the design, I don't want something that is gorgeous, but looks like an awkward oversize fit within the space.

The key dimensions involved are:

• Room size 13' x 16' / Ceiling Height is 104"
  • Table size is 80" long (30" high)
  • Light fixture is 51" L, 26" W, 21.75" H (Height is from bottom of glass bulb just up to the lowest round connecter ring to which the ceiling chain will attach)

At least initially we don't have any other furniture in the room, but may add a sideboard/storage when we recover from the renovation costs.

I just did quick math and assuming the bottom of the fixture is 38" above the table that leaves only about 13-14" of chain between the ceiling shell and the connector ring. Also concerned if, visually, that is enough length in the chain? I wouldn't want to hang it much closer to the table as my husband and son are each 6'6" tall and I don't want them feeling like they might knock it as they stand up from the table.

I'm clearly struggling - thank you in advance for your thoughts!

(for reference this is the Visual Comfort Talia Linear Medium Size chandelier, I purchased the silver leaf version)

Comments (5)