SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nannykins8

Another hiatus.

nannykins
4 months ago

Good morning all!

I just thought I would check in with some life update. My sewing machine has been quiet of late.

I have about twelve chemo quilts ready for the Save the Children Bazaar coming up shortly, and that is more than usually get taken , so one reason for slowing down.

I have several patterns calling to me so I will get back to them soon. And there is another grandchild’s wedding in the spring so that means a new quilt. I will have to ask for colours first.

The second reason for the slowdown is that DH and I are in the process of redoing our wills. In most cases that wouldn’t be too difficult but since all of our children are out of town and for two out of country, and no one is really available to act as executor, we felt it best to hand things over to the trust section of the bank. So between meetings there, and walking around the house, deciding ‘who gets what’ and making lists etc., emptying drawers of things that haven’t seen the light of day in ages, clearing closets etc., I have not been in a sewing frame of mind.

This does not mean that ’the end is near’ for either of us, but some family deaths lately are sharp reminders that affairs need to be in some sort of order and since, according to my children, I like to be organized, that is what is first on the agenda. And I don’t want them to have to do all this clearing out of ’stuff’.

Sorry if I am being a Debbie Downer , but I do miss interacting with you all and wanted to let you know Where I am and what I am doing.

I will be sewing soon, I promise. And I do log on to see what beauties are being created.

Theresa.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Vivancos Trim LLC
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Loudoun County's Artfully Crafted General Contractor
Best of Houzz 2024: The results are in!