Houzz Logo Print

Dante's Valve for gas fireplace

Imma S
2 months ago

We are in the process of converting into gas fireplace insert. The technician who came to our house for electrical and gas line work estimate mentioned that they would need to drill a hole on either the wall or the floor and install a "Dante's valve" for the gas pipes. He said that this is needed for either gas logs or gas fireplace inserts.

My questions are:

1. is this the only way to go about this? does every one who has a gas fireplace has this valve on either the wall or floor?

2. it's always annoying to have to drill a hole on the house, but given these two options, which is better, on the wall or on the floor?

Thank you

Comments (9)