SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

Ever have Buyers Remorse on your $$$ Designer Appliance

a1an
7 months ago

Comes with the territory IMO - deeziner appliances are like German cars. Great to own in warranty, terrible outside. Same akin on the service repair side. Labor rate is high and parts are MAP price locked. Even buying parts IME , I can only order from a authorized dealer that is authorized by the *brand* and can't even buy the same part from a different dealer if he is outside my authorized zip code....

So with that as a preface, I'll simply just put it like this.

My biggest buyers remorse is the Gen 1 or Gen 2 Wolf DF.

In order to service it if one needs to repace a spark module, you need to remove the top to get to it.

On this particular series, EVERY gasket get's broken in the process so before you know it, you're spending $300 bucks on gaskets alone. Give or take, I'm at least $500+ in parts, as since I'm doing it, I replace everything I can while I'm in there and it's almost a *full days job, going slowly*. While. I have the pan top removed, I take it outside, soak it with some EZ Off, pressure wash it.....basically the stove get's a refresh as part of the repair.

I'm sure there is a market for others who may pay a repair shop to do a simlar repair....I've had this done by repair shops while in warranty and shortcuts (not good shortcuts) are taken to make the repair as fast as possible...

When I buy appliances, function, features aside, I actually try to get a basic understanding of if I ever need to replace a electrode, etc etc etc, what is the entailment of that.....etc.

Some things are more cut in dry when it comes to repair but all gaskets getting broken to do the repair is such a huge failure design....

Comments (2)