SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_672194834

Open floor plan dining room/hall design delimma

HU-672194834
9 months ago

Quick background…we used to have a fish tank on the blank wall with the white bookshelf and blue art. Thankfully it’s gone! My stepdaughter will be moving out within a few months, so my office will go back to her bedroom and I can finish out the dining room properly. Attached are

some pics of the foyer, which I love (art over the table is temporary) and the perspective from the front door into the house, and from the back towards the front so you can see just how open it is. I just don’t know what to do with that space where the tank used to be. I would be happy painting it an accent color, I love books and don’t have much room for decorations, so I thought one or two book shelves would fit there with maybe a small chaise or reading chair and ottoman? I think the space for the dining room would accommodate a slightly smaller table, no bigger than 7’. The measurements are in the Design Ideas attachment, along with two sketches of possible layouts. The art that’s silver/gold/gray/blue accents is one of my favorites and the rug were both bought recently and were very intentional purchases. I like a very neutral palette with a blue accent. any ideas are welcome! and yes, the deer head has to stay (for now)

Comments (3)