SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_339647040

I received a very special gift from a very special person ❤️

Jilly
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

As many of you know, we had to say goodbye to our precious kitty Jinxy recently.

Today I got a very, very special gift in the mail, in remembrance of her. It brought me to tears and smiles — it was so beautiful, so charming, and so very thoughtful.

Our own Mtn had a beautiful framed needlework of a Tuxedo cat she found in Ireland, over 20 years ago, and had in her DD’s nursery. She posted it on the board, wondering if anyone would like to have it? I didn’t see the post, and hadn’t shared about Jinx yet, except with Ida privately.

Ida saw the post, contacted Mtn, and told her about our loss … then told me someone on the board would like to send me something sweet, could she share my address?

I had no idea who or what.

It came yesterday (I had it sent to my dad’s house) and I got it today.

Oh my. 🥲 DH and I opened it and just smiled with tears in our eyes — it looks exactly like our sweet girl. We just kept looking at it, and at each other, and marveled.

Not only did Mtn send a wonderful treasure, but she included such a sweet, kind, and warm note (and told me how this all came about), as well as funny — said she would’ve sent my sink, too, but shipping was crazy. I lol’ed. 🤣

MTN!! Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart. I LOVE this kitty so much, love that it was in your DD’s nursery (please tell her kitty will be so treasured), and want you to know that we will cherish it forever. My DH said to please say thank you from him, too, and tell you how much your thoughtfulness is appreciated.

I’m walking around looking for just the right and perfect spot for our new art. ❤️

(((Mtn))) I’d give you the biggest hug if I could right now. And (((Ida))), you too! Thank you so much for thinking of us and contacting Mtn. You two have made our loss easier to bear, as every time I look at this beautiful kitty I’ll think of our beloved Jinxy.

This means more than I can ever express. Thank you!! ❤️🥰🥰❤️

Close-up … it’s just as charming as can be, beautiful needlework!

I’m in tears writing this, it just means so much to have such a meaningful treasure in remembrance of our beautiful girl. ❤️❤️

Comments (67)