SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_57272282

Invisible (glass, white rubber, silicone?) grip system for Aventos-HL

Y
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

Hi All,

So one row of upper cabinets in the kitchen has the Blum Aventos-HL system.

We do not have any hardware and the hinges make it very easy to just pinch the cabinet door and push up or pull down. However, that isn't a tenable solution for the long run as the paint will inevitably get dirty and thin out.

We want to preserve the handle-less look and were thinking of installing some kind of "invisible" edge made out of glass or white rubber or silicone, just a narrow piece of it 3"-4" near the side of each cabinet. Also exploring some custom made metal edges (still a very narrow piece, about 3-4") where you can grip. Wondering if anyone has solved this in a creative way or knows of a company that has a product to solve this.

Thanks!

P.S. the photo is from the official Blum site but our setup is identical but the cabinets are white (lower are a grayish sage green).

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10 months ago

Yiou can do this type of protector

• Y
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Thank you! Funny enough we've been looking at exactly that type of system but your suggestion seems like a much nicer brand! Thank you!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10 months ago

I honestly think it will look bad on those nice cabinets I think I would do a finger pull and lprobably match it to the rest of the cabinets if you post a pic of those maybe you will get better help. I have blum lift cabinet hardware on my Ikea cabinets I use for a buffet I did the same stinless bar pull there as on my kitchen.