SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_parker5340361

Kitchen Dilemma

Jennifer Parker
10 months ago

Hi all,

I posted a couple of years ago looking for advice on a complete reno. In that time, we've learned that we aren't going to be able to structurally modify the kitchen so I'm back looking for additional ideas. I've recreated our exact current kitchen layout with measurements and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a better layout/flow.

We had talked to someone at a home improvement big box store who said that if we remodeled, our range couldn't stay where it is due to code. He said there has to be a cabinet on each side of it.

I spent countless hours trying to work within the existing space and make room for everything but I can't find another layout that would work.

The doorway next to the fridge leads to a very narrow mudroom. The dining room is on the blank side of the partial wall.

We also have a wall baseboard that is 5 1/2" high by 48" long and 3" deep starting at 42" into the kitchen from the mudroom door side. So without moving that (which we found out is prohibitively expensive based on our entire HVAC setup), I'm not sure what I could even put on that wall.

I considered moving the fridge over to the other side of the mudroom wall, perpendicular to the door, but with only 29.5" of depth, I'm worried that the fridge will stick out into the mudroom doorway too far and be crowded.

I included a rendered image.

I'm at a loss if there's anything I can really do and have just about given up trying to find a solution.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH