SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_roesink81

What is wrong with our newly planted espalier apple tree?

Donna R
9 months ago
last modified: 9 months ago

One tree leafed out nicely and has tiny fruit on it. The other one has some leaves on the right side but on the left side it’s showing little life and where it did start to leaf out, that his all dried up and turned brown. When we planted it we didn’t dig the hole one and a half times the size of the container it was in, we dug smaller holes.We got a little lazy with this planting, as we have a new home and had just finished doing all of the landscaping ourselves. But we did add Peat moss and topsoil to the hole. We have been watering them. I am not sure if we are watering them too much or not enough. We called the nursery and asked for a replacement. After talking to the owner a bit, we finally were able to get him to say he would replace it. We picked up a replacement tree last week, it is still in it's growing container and it is looking the same way..... it looks funny, and what growth did come out at one time has all dried up. I will add a photo of the one that looks good.(we have a total of 3 trees now- two which looks the same, and one that looks good) I never loose anything that we plant. It is a terrible feeling not to know what to do. The trees were around $100 each, and that is bordering on the expensive side to me. It isn't that which is bothering me, it's the fact that I don't know what is wrong with it.

Comments (3)