SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justin_crawford47

Need Office Media Wall Advice

Justin Crawford
9 months ago

Looking to build a media wall of sort for my pc setup. I don't want to put huge holes in the existing wall, so I wanted to build a wall off the existing wall about 6 to 12 inches off the existing wall. this way i can easily hide wires behind it. I will also be mounting a 55" tv and 3 pc monitors and possibly a floating desk. Just need to know if and how is the best way to do this.

This is my current setup and I basically want to replicate it in a new space.

This would be the finished product to some degree except I'm looking into doing a floating desk.

This represents what I think the current studs in the wall maybe like and where the monitor mounts would attach. My idea was to connect 2x3's or 2x4's to the existing studs on top of the sheet rock. Then connect the frame of the floating wall to that. Then mount the tv and monitors and hopefully the floating desk to the floating wall and be able to run all cables on the back side of the floating wall.

The whole idea would be to mount this in a way where it could be torn down and moved somewhere else if need be. So, it's a semi-permanent structure.

Comment