SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikesheila_kelly

Wall art and chandelier placement in casual dining room

Sheila Kelly
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

I have these two canvas pictures that I absolutely love in my dining area, but I'm not sure about the placement. I centered them along the wall, but I have a rather long table in that room (72") that cannot be centered under the light so it looks "off" when you are looking at it from the kitchen which is the first picture. I think it looks OK coming into the house (2nd picture) though.

We will be remodeling the adjoining kitchen soon and I'm toying around with replacing the chandelier with a brushed nickel one that will tie in with my kitchen cabinet hardware. Photo is also attached. My questions are:

1) When replacing the chandelier should I install one of those hooks on the ceiling to where the chandelier can be centered above the table?

2) Where should I hang the two pictures? I was also thinking that maybe they looked a little too small so should I add a wood frame around the canvass to make them appear larger?

Replacing the table is not an option nor is moving the pictures to another location in the house.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments (38)