Houzz Logo Print
djc8505

A few recent FFOs, one a long time coming

DaveinVA (7a)
10 months ago

Earlybird Cardinal

Paper Butterfly

Small World Sunshine

I bought three Earlybird Cardinal in 2016 and in the first year got only three blooms, one on each plant. The next year I got nine blooms, three on each plant. I was ready to toss all three but decided to see if the output would triple again the next year. I forget what happened but I still have all three and they are doing quite well.

In 2017 I bought Small World Sunshine and SW Disco Bunny. In 2019 I gave away Disco Bunny, for reasons I cannot remember. I give away plants almost every year, for various reasons, mostly to make room for something I MUST HAVE. After all, I'm trying to maximize my enjoyment on a 1/4 acre fenced in suburban lot. When I look back through my records, though, I sometimes ask myself "What was I thinking?" when I decided to give something away. Some of my decisions are mind-boggling!

But I digress. SW Sunshine bloomed rather well in 2018, the year after I bought it. Since then I have no record of it blooming at all. But I still have it, in a pot. (A large portion of my collection lives in pots because of the afore mention limited space.) Last year I spent the entire summer repotting virtually all my potted daylilies. (I still work full time, so that commodity is also limited.) Lo and behold, SW Sunshine has come back to life, putting up only one scape but with about five buds. Life is good!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County