SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saraheesmith

Shower Head Placement Question

saraheesmith
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

Update:

I think at this point I’m good with the layout but really trying to determine shower head placement which will impact having the half wall or not.

Option 1: Shower head placement near door and on exterior wall. Will likely loose some width due to packing out the exterior wall with extra insulation. Will add niches or baskets under the glass on the half wall.

Option 2: Shower head placement near door and on short, opposite exterior wall. Will likely loose some length due to packing out the exterior wall with extra insulation. Will add niches or baskets under the glass on the half wall.

Option 3: Shower head placement near door and on interior wall. Lose glass half wall. Will add recessed niches under each shower head.

We are adding on, so the design choices of this additional space is completely ours. When selecting bathroom tile I found myself revisiting the shower setup.

We started with the shower head on the opposite wall (exterior wall - packed out for insulation - PA winters), and no shower door. I feared being cold and liked the idea of adding a bench so we flipped the shower head to the interior wall and added the glass door. Before we finalize, I wanted to lean on this community to weigh in.

Any thoughts on this setup or what could make it best? We did ask about curbless entry. This adds $2,500 and I’m not sure that is worth it.

Note: The ”access door” is a laundry shoot door we may keep or eliminate at the final stage.

Comments (36)